and the café’s owners Adolf Becker and Friedrich Rauschkolb would patrol the different salons
It ran from New York to Buffalo from 1896 until 1959
rather than for their dancing abilities
The US Forest Service administers it today as part of the 17 million acre Tongass National Forest but all that is left of Old Kasaan are a few charred buildings
which has survived earthquakes
Lindy’s, New York 1930s Sizes:A2 (420x594mm) Archival Print (Unframed) and the café’s owners AdolfClara and her husband, Leo Lindy Lindermann, opened the original Lindys restaurant, a Jewish deli on Broadway between 49th and 50th streets in 1921. This menu is from their second much larger and busier location that opened in 1929, just up the street from the original that closed in 1957, the year that Lindy died. The newer location attracted a colorful crowd, a whos who of Jews and gentiles, celebrities, columnists, writers, and aspiring actors and